It is imperative that the student has no other activities outside the DCCS-related academics. Compliance with this full time is done at the CICS facilities.
- Is it necessary to have full time dedication?
- What careers can apply to the DCCS?
- Do I need to know English to apply for DCCS?
- What are the research lines present?
- What is the amount of the scholarship?
- What are the requirements to obtain the scholarship?
- What are the application requirements?
- What are the application deadlines?
Is it necessary to have full time dedication?
What careers can apply to the DCCS?
To apply, it is necessary to have a bachelor’s degree in disciplines belonging to the areas of social sciences, natural or exact, but it is important that you also possess knowledge of quantitative analysis.
In the methodological formation of doctoral students, the emphasis is on the mathematical modeling of social phenomena: game theory, network analysis, computer simulations; and in the quantitative empirical analysis: experimental methods, econometrics, datamining and spatial analysis.
Do I need to know English to apply for DCCS?
It is necessary to handle Basic English since there are classes in that language, and internships are encouraged abroad. However, we have classes to improve and achieve advanced levels.
What are the research lines present?
The doctoral research lines are three:
– Fundamentals of human behavior: the program integrates training in theory of rational action with the discipline of social neuroscience. This line develops the identification of the neurobiological systems involved in the cognitive and emotional mechanisms in which the understanding of the behavior in social contexts is sustained.
– Social Dynamics: examines the articulation of social phenomena from modeling techniques, price theory, game theory, network analysis and simulations, to understand emerging phenomena such as cooperation, stratification and paradigm shifts in knowledge systems.
– Institutions: investigates the rules and institutions that emerge product of the interaction between social beings. Both the reasons behind their emergence in social contexts and the way in which these, once created, condition human behavior and social dynamics.
What is the amount of the scholarship?
The amounts of the scholarships vary from year to year, the last scholarship granted was $1.000.000 (Chilean currency).
What are the requirements to obtain the scholarship?
All students of the Doctorates that are accepted have access to a scholarship of enrolment and tariff, in addition to a scholarship of maintenance. In addition, our students have free access to leveling courses in the areas of mathematics, English and computer programming.
What are the application requirements?
Those interested in applying for the program must have at least an undergraduate degree in disciplines belonging to the areas of social sciences, natural or exact and must have quantitative training. The documents and forms to be presented will be on the Admissions web when the applications open.
What are the application deadlines?
Applications are open for the next period 2023. The academic period begins in March of each year. Submit your application here.