On August 1, the Doctoral Program in Social Complexity Sciences of the Faculty of Government of Universidad del Desarrollo receives a new generation. The application process began in the closing of the Summer Camp Research B3 held in january in collaboration with the MIT Media Lab. More than 70 application were received from the best national and regional universities. Accepted students will receive a full tuition scholarship and a monthly allowance that will make possible their full dedication to the program and their early immersion within our multidisciplinary research teams.
The doctoral program’s 2016 generation is composed by:
- María Teresa Barbato, Maria Theresa pursued a degree in Biological Sciences at the Catholic University of Chile.
- Sebastián Díaz, Sebastian pursued a BS in Economics from the University of Chile and a Diploma in Management of Enterprise Data Analytics at the University of Toronto.
- Yerka Freire, Yerka holds a BA in Physics and Master of Science with a major in Physics at the University of Concepcion.
- María Paz Martínez, Maria Paz pursued a degree in Bioengineering, with a mention in Cellular and Molecular Biology and Master in Drug Addiction of the University of Concepción.
- Gabriela Valdebenito, Gabriela is a Technnical Specialist in Imaging and Medical Physics at the Universidad del Desarrollo.
We congratulate and welcome our future doctorates and wish them full success hoping that this will be an enjoyable and challenging experience.